Just want to make a quick recap of my NBS warehouse (VIP Preview) sale experience yesterday in Pioneer, Mandaluyong while my thoughts are still fresh in my mommy brain (and while as I’m typing I can feel backache, lols!). Forgive me, my achy feet and back! I know we’ve just spent the previous day in Kidzania standing and walking for like the entire day.
The preview sale was meant for Laking National Cardholders. You need to bring it for entry, one card is valid only for 1 person. That’s why my Dear Daughter Sofie Sunday was not able to come with me.
I was after the supplies for our Homeschool and Home Office, not really books. I was able to snatch some books though while I was already in line for the cashier, books that people removed from their baskets/did not purchase.
In queue again after falling in line outside the building.
As soon as I entered the shopping area, there were no more carts/baskets. And the aisles were really crowded, it’s like moving through Divisoria/Baclaran when it’s jam-packed with people. I was impressed by the porter/bagger (Hi, Kuya Marvin! I thought he was just ‘paasa’ LOL!) whom I asked where I can get at least a basket. He said he will just be the one to get/find one for me because they were all in use. So after 20 minutes of gliding through people, there he was with a trolley cart (Really A for Effort for trying to find me)! He also assisted me going outside/and while waiting for Grab.
This is how it looked like inside (around almost 5pm).
Seriously, my first 10 minutes in there I was thinking of going back home because of the crowd and the line. But then I reminded myself, it already cost me time, energy, sleep and money to travel from Las Pinas to Mandaluyong.
Mandaluyong is somehow nearer (from our place) than Cubao or Quezon City where they had sales in the past. Though I wanted to try ordering online, there were negative feedback on their online store (most are out of stock/or out of their N number of orders only few were delivered).
- I arrived at 10:35 am. And boy, there was a long line outside the building! They were letting people in per batches because the warehouse was really full of people.
- I was in line for about 30 minutes outside the building plus around 5 minutes inside , then about 3 hours for cashier. Even their one and only food and beverage stand had a long line. At some point, a staff separated the line just for those who will buy water. TIP: If you have companions, maybe they can buy outside the building so it’s way faster (Or better yet you can just bring your own. I’m not really sure though how strict they were with bringing food like in BBW).
- I had an unplanned fasting (Geez! Still lucky I was able to buy bottled water while I was in line for cashier)! TIP: Be nice to those in front and behind you in your queue. You can take turns in looking after your loot while one of you can grab something to munch/drink.
- Saw Rica Peralejo and her sister Paula (Rica is a homeschool mom too!).
- I did not feel it was a Preview/VIP/first dibs Sale. It was like open to public already. See, what others did was buy their Laking National Card in the NBS Branch Store which is in the same building.
- Bring wipes (you’ll get your hands dirty!*wink*).
- Many were looking for the book, Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton including the lad (whom I had a quick chit chat), who was in line with me outside the building. I don’t know if he was able to find one because based on the comments in NBS FB page, even those who were inside by 10am were not able to get hold of it. Allegedly, they say the employees reserved it beforehand. If it’s true then that is sad, NBS should have a separate sale for their staffs (DISCLAIMER: I’M NEITHER CONFIRMING NOR DENYING THIS.).
Communicating with my kids via Viber, asking them if they want these. Note this was after I fell in line for payment. You see, you will still be able to browse while in the snake-like line.
And this was the line inside for the cashier.
AND FINALLY MY NBS HAUL!!!
Really love these craft/puzzle kits! Super sulit!
Okay, so I was able to maneuver my trolley and grab some books for me and the kiddos. Hahaha!
Tell Me Series
Lucky to snatch these, a lady removed it from their basket while we were in line for cashier.
Pens and Trays
Sofie Sunday and dinoShawn opened these when I got home last night.
Overall, I was glad I went to the warehouse sale though I find it disorganized and I can say the shopping experience was not that convenient compared to BBW (Oh, I know I still owe you the part 2 of our BBW Year 2 experience). I was able to score office/school supplies as low as P6 which normally will cost me P50 for their regular price. The highest item I paid for was the Build a Village woodcraft kit for P310 only (Price Tag was P1550).