There are times when we feel absolutely BORED. And it really isn’t a fun feeling, I tell you. So to kill the boredness I have 30 things to do when you are bored or just want to do something fun.
- Color – find or buy a coloring book and some coloring materials. Color the pictures and have fun. This will also boost creativity and lower stress!
- Learn Photography – You could read this out of a book or teach yourself. Grab a camera and take pics of things, people, and details. Taking pictures of sunsets and sunrises are also great!
- Paint – I love painting! You can find some Oslo or watercolor paper and some paints and paint pictures. You can check out my older blog posts on painting for ideas!
- Draw – Whether you’re good at it or not, drawing will probably remove boredom. Again, check out my Draw-it-yourselves to get ideas!
- Make instruments – wrap 5 rubber bands on a shoebox and strum the bands. It is a homemade guitar! Find some sticks (chopsticks would be fine) and tap them on things. The world is your drum. Make funky music in other ways!
- Read books – Book lover? Start reading.
- Make up stories.
- Fix your things – Will also clean everything.
- Make wacky hairstyles.
- Learn beading.
- Learn to crochet – You’ll need to buy a crochet hook and some yarn before you do this one. But crocheting is cool!
- Do Crafts – Read my post Jellyfish Craft so you can make some cute jellyfish!
- Read Harry Potter – I am reading it right now and it is very magical!
- Read Margie Mouse – Margie Mouse is a book series that I make and post it here in this blog. Margie Mouse is mouserrific!
- Take a nice jog or walk outside-the breeze, the warmth of the sun, rustling of the trees…heavenly.
- Make a snack – We’re on 16 but now I need some cream cheese. Mmmmm, Cream cheese.
- Finish these stories:
It was so dark, the girls had to hold each other’s shoulders. Suddenly, a shadowy figure ran by. “Who are you? What did you do to our mother? What do you want?”, shouted the oldest girl. They walked deeper into the basement, deeper and deeper, until they saw…
It was very peculiar. The mushrooms started growing and the bees buzzed a merry tune. The flowers smell was so strong and birds chirped! Then I saw the princess. She was very pretty. She had…
I have a little egg. I found it on the garage yesterday. It was not a normal egg. It had purple specks and yellow stars. I place it in a comfy box with a baby blanket inside. I hope it will be well. Oh, my! It’s hatching! Oh, let me see what it is. WOW! It’s a…
(When you reach the unfinished end of each story continue them! Feel free to put the finish in the comment section.)
- Make slime – Research, buy things, and prepare workspace. Some easy ones I know needs lots of toothpaste and salt, others cornstarch and hot water.
- Do puzzles – you can even make your own!
- Save the Earth – Ever wanted to be a superhero? Well, now’s your chance! Remove trash at the beach, do the three Rs, reduce global warming, save trees and endangered animals, and etc. etc. etc.
- Play Lego blocks – Lego in the air, Lego on the floor, we love LEGO! Oh la la la!
- Read Dork Diaries – I love Dork Diaries! I can’t wait for the next one to come out.
- Read Shy Shelly – Another book series I love. Hope to get the next Shy Shelly too!
- Take a nice bath – Well, It’s nice having a cool bath especially if it’s hot, right?
- Make Poems – I like doing the ones that rhyme, but I also like the Acrostic Poems. Here’s an example:
Mystery of magic
Greatly loved and done by many
Impossible to some
Cool says the young
(The letters of ‘magic’ are the capital letters of the sentences!)
- Try blowing bubble gum.
- Blow bubbles – Fun to Pop!
- Check out Momsweettezil – I know you’re already reading this post here in this blog, but have you checked our first posts? We also have Instagram and Facebook!
- Make a paper airplane – Make a race with two planes! Be careful not to hit something, though.
- Make your own bored list – Then do the list.
So there, I hope you find this list useful. I might do another kind like this, so keep reading my posts! Have a happy Sunday!
P.S. Happy Grandparents day to my Grandmas and Grandpas and Great-aunts and Great-uncles!